Sunday, May 15, 2011

Island Hopping

It was fun today. Our family and the extensions all went to Mactan Island for some culminating summer getaway. Unsatisfied with our beach resort, we decided to go island hopping. Our first stop was Supa Island. It was beautiful, though it did not have a long stretch of shoreline. There were newly developed corals and the rock formations were also defined. The water was crystal clear, enough to temp us to jump right after the boat anchored. After the plunge, we dig ourselves to authentic Cebuano food. Of course the lechon was there. Then we headed to Olango Island. It’s one of the rare islands in the Philippines where migratory birds rest during winter season. The water was clear but was dominated by sea grasses and algae. I think the island is better off for birds. I did not have my camera or my phone. Although I did not have photographic memories of those islands, I was happy I detached my self from the “connections”. Sometimes it’s the only way to breath and find peace. We all went back home, exhausted not because we had too much fun but because it’s work again tomorrow. Who does not hate Mondays?

No comments:

Post a Comment